Make A Report

What to do first.

If a child tells you they’ve been abused, it is critical to listen carefully, stay calm and never blame the child. Thank the child for telling you, reassure them of your support, and let them know that you believe them. Immediately following your conversation, it is imperative to file a report. There are multiple ways to file a report, including filing a report online, calling your local law enforcement agency, or contacting Children’s Protective Services at 1.855.444.3911. In an emergency, dial 9-1-1.

Either law enforcement or CPS will connect you with the Children’s Advocacy Center. Parents and caregivers can also contact the Center directly to request assessment services if they have concerns about a child’s behavior, questions about normal development, or suspect that their child has been sexually abused.

If you have questions regarding reporting, or you need some non-emergency/non-client support, please contact the Children’s Advocacy Center at