Children’s Advocacy Center
2855 Michigan St NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49506
National statistics tell us that approximately 1 in 10 children will be sexually abused before their 18th birthday, and as many as 90% of those children know their offender; it is someone the child knows, loves, and trusts. Even more shockingly, here in Kent County, 99% of children that enter our doors know their offender.
Though these statistics can be disheartening and overwhelming we know that with proper training and education, the adults in our community have the ability to make Kent County a safe place for the children we care for.
The Children’s Advocacy Center of Kent County currently offers the following training opportunities. For more information, including cost and content, or to schedule a training, please submit the contact form and someone will be in touch with you within the next business day.
- Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s)
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention – The Role You Play
- Trauma & Development
- Problematic Sexualized Behaviors in Youth
- Vicarious Trauma and Self-Care for Professionals
- Are CAC’s the Safest Place?
- Mandated Reporter Training
- CAC Services – Who We Are & What We Do?
- MultiDisciplinary Team and Child Sexual Abuse Investigations